The MAPA Bursary was introduced in 2015 to support students who have successfully been accepted to train further in Musical Theatre.
In order to be considered for the bursary, the student should in the first instance, apply in writing to the Company Principal as soon as he or she has been offered a firm place.
In circumstances where more than one student applies in the same year, the bursary will be awarded to the student who best meets the criteria.
- The course is for 3 years Musical Theatre training at a top conservatoire where full funding is not available.
- The course is for 3 years at a university where funding is available but the student still needs help to fund living expenses, dance kit etc.
- The course is for 1 years Musical Theatre training at a conservatoire where funding is not available.
When awarding the bursary, the panel will also take the following criteria into consideration:
- The potential of the applicant in the field of Musical Theatre
- The length of time the applicant has studied at Musicality Academy of Performing Arts
- The commitment of the applicant during his/her time at Musicality Academy over and above class time and performances. ie. Fundraising efforts, general promotion of the company etc.
- The attitude of the applicant.
The decision of the panel is final and the bursary will be presented to the successful applicant in September each year.
Previous Bursary Winners:
2016 – Zoe Way
BA (Hons) Musical Theatre (Triple Threat)
The University of Chichester.
2015 – Alexander Murphy
BA (Hons) Musical Theatre – 3 Years
The Arts Educational Schools, London.
Read the latest news on Alex James-Hatton